About Team Education: Team Education, affectionately known as TeamEd, is the internal advocacy branch of the AMSS. #
This advocacy juggernaut consists of the AMSS Vice-President (Education), Preclinical Education Officer, International Officer, EdPrograms Coordinator(s), Health and Wellbeing Officer(s), Rural Representative, Research Officer, Year Level Education Representatives and the TeamEd Secretary.
What do they do?
TeamEd meets 3-5 times a year to discuss and collaborate on educational issues across the medical program.
Members of TeamEd sit on various committees within the Medical School to advocate on behalf of students and provide student feedback on issues throughout the MBBS Program and its courses (see the Course Guides Page for a Guide on MBBS structure). Further to this, we often organise individual meetings with staff and look to advocate via email communication to promptly resolve issues on an as needed basis. The circle is then completed as TeamEd communicates their achievements back to the students (see Meeting Summaries below). Other functions of TeamEd include writing student submissions, developing and maintaining educational resources (see the Education Resources Page), producing and collating student surveys and organising educational events and programs (see the EdPrograms Page).
How can I be involved? #
There are many ways to be involved in the work of TeamEd, whether you have been elected to an AMSS position or not.
- Join the "Friends of TeamEd router" (see below at the very bottom of this page).
- There are many ongoing projects where TeamEd is working with staff to improve the medical program. To get involved, please contact your Year Level EdRep or the Vice-President (Education) via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a student and an AMSS member, TeamEd relies or your feedback to bring student issues/concerns to staff. If you have an issue or topic you'd like to discuss get in touch with your Year Level EdRep, or why not become one? Nominations are open each year to all Adelaide medical students.
BMD Information Night #
Time: 17:15 09/10/2019
Location: Scott Theatre
Staff: Dr Marc Gladman (current BMD Lead) and Prof Ian Symonds (Dean of Adelaide Medical School)
To review this information session please see the online video recording available on the Examination Course on Canvas via Echo360.
A summary report is provided here
Minutes From Faculty Md Information Night
AMC Report 2019 #
Attached is 3 documents related to the Student Submission to the AMC
- A summary easy read document Amss Amc Submission 2019 Exec Summary And Conclusion Of Standards Final
- The detailed report (also exciting) Amss Amc Submission 2019 Final
- The response from the AMC Progress Report AMSS
Meeting Summaries #
2020 Meeting Summaries coming soon!
Friends of TeamEd Router #
We welcome any interested students to attend TeamEd meetings as "Friends of TeamEd." To be kept in the loop regarding TeamEd meetings and initiatives, please fill in the form below.
After the end of each calendar year the router will be refreshed. Hence, if you are keen to remain in the router in the following year you will need to refill the form.
You may unsubscribe at any time by contacting the AMSS IT Officer via email@example.com.