The position of Year 2 ClinPrac Coordinator(s) is now open! This is a new role for 2021. Year 2 ClinPrac will run for the duration of the pre-clinical year.
The aims of Year 2 ClinPrac are to:
- Provide weekly face-to-face clinical skills teaching sessions for Year 2 students, focusing on a different exam/system each week
- Provide demonstrations of techniques to complete physical examinations, as well as examples of how to report findings (with a focus on preparation for OSCEs)
- Create a relaxed environment where Year 2 students feel safe to ask questions
- Oversee a mock OSCE for the Year 2 students
The Year 2 ClinPrac Coordinator(s) is/are expected to:
- Recruit tutors (Year 3 and occasionally Year 4-6 students) to help teach the sessions, including providing weekly updates to the tutors and up-skilling them
- Work with Year 2 EdReps to ensure:
- the rooms are booked,
- the sessions are publicised (via Facebook event or other method),
- well timed for Year 2 students, and
- tailored to what Year 2 students would like to be taught
Requirements to be the Year 2 ClinPrac Coordinator(s).
- Must be in Year 3
- Can be one individual but encouraged to apply as a group (2-4 people)
- Must be able to commit to weekly or fortnightly sessions (sessions generally last 1 hour, plus 15 mins set up prior and 15 mins pack up at end) - it is important to note the coordinator(s) is/are not expected attend 100% of sessions, but should attend the majority of sessions
- Must have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Must have confident public speaking and teaching abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate physical examinations – knowledgeable regarding physical examinations and other clinical skills
The Year 2 ClinPrac Coordinator(s) will be supported by both the EdPrograms Coordinators and the VPE.
Applications close HAVE BEEN EXTENDED to Friday 19th March 2021
Any questions please contact Ella, the VPE, at firstname.lastname@example.org