The position of Year ClinPrac Coordinator(s) is now open! Year 3 ClinPrac will run for the duration of the pre-clinical Semester 1, 2020.
The aims of Year 3 ClinPrac are to:
- Provide weekly face-to-face clinical skills teaching sessions for Year 3 students, focusing on a different exam/system each week
- Provide demonstrations of techniques to complete physical examinations, as well as examples of how to report findings (particularly abnormal findings, as this is a large focus in Year 3)
- Create a relaxed environment where Year 3 students feel safe to ask questions
The Year 3 ClinPrac Coordinator(s) is/are expected to:
- Recruit tutors (Year 4-6 students) to help teach the sessions, including providing weekly updates to the tutors and up-skilling them
- Work with Year 3 EdReps to ensure: 1. the rooms are booked, 2. the sessions are publicised (via Facebook event or other method), 3. well timed for Year 3 students, and 4. tailored to what Year 3 students would like to be taught
Requirements to be the Year 3 ClinPrac Coordinator(s).
- Must be in Year 5 or Year 6
- Can be one individual or you may apply as a pair.
- Must be able to commit to weekly or fortnightly sessions (sessions generally last 1 hour, plus 15 mins set up prior and 15 mins pack up at end) - it is important to note the coordinator(s) is/are not expected attend 100% of sessions, but should attend the majority of sessions
- Must have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Must have confident public speaking and teaching abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate physical examinations – knowledgeable regarding physical examinations and other clinical skills
The Year 3 ClinPrac Coordinator(s) will be supported by both the EdPrograms Coordinators and the VPE.
How to apply (APPLY BY Tuesday 16th March 2020):
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your name(s)
- Your year level(s) (either Year 5 or Year 6)
- A list of any previous teaching positions you have held / any previous teaching experience you have
- A summary (150 word max) on why you would be excellent for the role, and your plan/vision for the role
Applications close on Monday 16th March 2020. The successful application will be informed by Thursday 19th March 2020.
Any questions please contact the VPE at email@example.com